Does Your Home or Business Have a Mold Problem?
Mold spores are ubiquitous; meaning that they are naturally everywhere, most especially if moisture is present. They are in the air, in the walls, in your HVAC unit, and even in that lunch sack you forgot in the fridge at work two weeks ago. Molds play an important role in our ecosystem by breaking down dead organic matter so that the nutrients can be recycled back into use. It only makes sense that you’d find it in places where there are organic materials, such as sheet rock and wallpaper.
When found in above average concentration indoors, Molds can become a toxic health problem, affecting your respiratory system (wheezing, difficulty breathing, asthma), and cause allergies, skin irritation, headaches, and sneezing fits. Some molds produce secondary metabolites called mycotoxins (Greek “mykes” meaning mould, and “toxin” meaning poison). Mycotoxins area an extreme health hazard because they can cause neurological damage or even death in humans and animals. Interestingly, one form of mycotoxin is even thought to be behind the phenomenon of sex changes in chickens.
How do I know if my home or office has a mold and mildew problem?
You should suspect a mold and mildew problem if your home or office building has a musty odor, discolored or warped sheet rock, walls, flooring or ceiling, bowed ceiling panels, consistent high humidity (over 60%), leaks, or increased symptoms of allergy or health problems.
We understand better than anyone how damaging mold and mildew problems can be to your health and property, which is why we offer a free, no-obligation inspection and price quote. We’re the best in the mold and mildew removal and remediation business with certified testing assessments and exceptional customer service. There’s no need to hire several contractors for major mold problems when Healthy Way can complete the job from remediation and removal to refinishing. Call us today at 1-888-492-9652 or visit our website to schedule an inspection.